Tuesday 1 October 2013

The Bryan Ansell collection: Warhammer 40k Rogue Trader Adventurers and Forces of the Imperium

These guys were produced in 1988 and made their appearance in painted form in White Dwarf 99. Sadly Bryan's collection does not appear to be complete; the remainder may yet to be found in his collection, or may have been scattered to the four corners of the galaxy.




Back in July I promised you a view of female space marines as you have never seen them before. It occurred to me after writing that post that the female SMs in question actually belong to this range of RT adventurers rather than the standard SM ranges, so here they are in all their, errr, glory:



Phew...I think I need a bit of a sit down now. Right, on to the other adventurers:

Is it just my eyes or does this one have cloven feet? Never noticed that before.













In addition to the RT adventurers illustrated in the White Dwarf ad above, Citadel also produced a variety of Forces of the Imperium, several of which appeared in adverts but have not previously been seen as painted by the 'Eavy Metal team:










6 comments:

  1. I guess I was just like everyone with my eyes wide open to the the "other side" of the ladies in power armour. That's some naughty humour form the painter !
    I'm trying to get my hands on as much models of the page I can (Steve, think about me ;) ) and they are the most charcterful models you can get for Rogue trader. The new astropath released for the IG army is a copoy of the one on this page.
    I just realise now I've often mistook the lad with meltagun with his talisman counterpart from your previous post. I even don't know which one I own actually.

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a couple of the pirates with their guns raised in the air do look very similar.

      Delete
  2. Crom...I want those models!!!! Except the female marines...they're a bit gnarly. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that of all the old full page ads of RT figures, this one has the highest proportion of cool stuff. I have a handful of them but I would really like to get my hands on a few more.

    Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Who would have ever guessed that the female Marines were wearing fishnet stockings? Incentive to paint the two that I have? Hmmm...

      Delete